Thursday, August 8, 2013

Another Schooling Day

On Sunday we took George out to BCHP for some more XC schooling. If everything went smoothly he would be entered in the schooling trial on August 11. Bucks uses a ditch at the BN level with no option, so we needed to make sure he would go over the ditch before I paid his entry. It took a couple tries and a few awkward hops, but now ditches are not a problem! 

      99 problems, but a ditch ain't one!

We schooled a bunch of other BN level fences, mainly the scary ones, so hopefully there will be no refusals this time! 

                    A scary bench

                  And scary steps

      And a not so scary hanging log with         terrifying giant boulders on either side

I'm feeling pretty confident about the cross country phase, dressage should be fine if I can remember the test, and stadium..... Well, I had a bit of a melt down yesterday when I remembered that BN = the addition of some scary fill under the jumps. 

This was me demonstrating how I would ride to this scary rolltop back in 2012 with Theo

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment