Tuesday, September 10, 2013

George Goes To Bucks County

A little behind on the posting again, but I was waiting for a certain someone to edit and post photos from the schooling trial George and I completed at BCHP. It's no fun to have posts without photos! (still waiting.... BOYFRIEND!) I only have one at the moment, so you readers will have to be satisfied with that until I can get my greedy little hands on more. 

      Photo credit Jeremy Benfield

That was a lovely snapshot from George's dressage test that had us tied for first in BN. Woohoo! It was a super steady and obedient test. WAY better than the fiasco at Burgundy Hollow. 

The rest of the day was a little hairy. We had one stop and a time fault in stadium, followed by 3 refusals and time XC. Bummer. Dropped us all the way down to last place. Well, second to last, someone was eliminated. Lol. I was a little disappointed, but can't really blame George. He's still very green over fences and tends to get distracted by the jump judges on XC, then is surprised when there is a jump in front of him he wasn't expecting. Whoops! 

Which brings me to the next bit of news. George and I will be having a show jumping lesson this Friday, the 13th, with the one and only Sally Cousins!!!!! I'm very excited and reasonably nervous even though we're still a few days away. Fingers crossed I don't make an @$$ out of myself. I've not done much riding this month and haven't jumped since the trial... This should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment