Thursday, January 24, 2013

2013 Goals

Since the weather this week is not conducive to working my handsome Reformation, instead I'm working on a list of hopefully achievable goals and riding plans for this season. Always, things will be subject to change according to progress, finances, and unforeseen circumstances.

February:

  • Continue to lesson (dressage) once a week, possibly twice if weather and work schedules permit
  • Be able to canter and not die in a controlled manner by the end of the month
March:

  • Start jumping in lessons
  • Ride in my jump saddle at least once a week to strengthen my two point and get back in galloping shape (even though we won't be galloping for a looonnng time)
April

  • Combined Test at Bucks County on the 14th, starter level. School cross country if weather and conditions permit! 
May

  • Mix and Match at Burgundy Hollow
June

  • Midatlantic Horse Rescue All Thoroughbred Benefit Horse Show!!!

So far, that's all I've got. Fingers crossed that the weather will improve soon and I can get back on my horse!

"Hey mom, its cold out. Why are you laying on the ground to take my picture?"

No comments:

Post a Comment