Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

The first day of 2013 begins what is hopefully going to be an awesome year. Reffy moved home! I'm so excited to have him under my feet and in my care at Hidden Hollow. The next couple days will include a brief settling in period, getting turned out in a field for the first time in a month, and getting back to work.

Of course, nothing can always go perfectly smoothly. Both horses got on and off the trailer without much fuss, Pepper leaving the farm and Reffy coming. Super score! No banged heads or heart palpitations from scrambling on slippery surfaces. We were home free and safe. Until I tried to walk Reffy into his stall. Apparently, the step down was akin to a bottomless pit, and there was no way he was going in willingly. It took about 10 minutes and Jeff and Alyssa literally shoving him from behind til he launched himself in. Hopefully when I have to take him out and put him back tomorrow we won't have that problem. I won't have as many extra hands to get him in. Poor Ref will have to sleep in the aisle. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment