Friday, September 14, 2012

Changes

It is with great sadness that I announce the end of my partnership with Theo, the big red horse. His owner has decided to move him to a different farm and retire him from his brief eventing career. To say that I am disappointed would be a gross understatement, but she feels with his navicular he has made it as far as he can go. So two weeks from today, a mere 2 days after my birthday, I will say good bye to the irritable red head I have grown to love and probably never see him again.

As much as I would love to say the plan from here on out is to purchase a young ottb prospect to retrain and bring up through the levels, my finances currently do not allow for a budget much higher than free. And sound, sane, young, free horses are hard to come by. For now I will continue to work with the pony mare and hopefully take George out a couple more times before the season ends. I wish he lived closer, that would make things a lot easier.

Thank you to everyone who has and will continue to support me in my endeavors. Hopefully with the closing of this door another will eventually open.

1 comment: