Thursday, September 13, 2012

Progress

I went back and realized there were some typos in one of my posts. I figured I could just fix it and everything would be fine. Apparently now I have to republish it and that's kind of annoying. From now on I think I'll just leave the typos alone. Haha.

Ok! On to the horses. I finally got my butt in gear and worked Pepper again. I've been kind of slacking since last week, which is bad since I had a whole weekend of doing mostly nothing. Oh well. She's definitely starting to figure out the lunging process and responding better to my voice commands. We seem to have squashed the halt and face in problem by just wiggling the lunge line when i ask her to slow to a trot or walk. Whatever works, cuz that was really annoying. Haha. I also FINALLY remembered to bring home an extra bridle and pony side reins and she looks seriously adorable in English gear. After a few tense moments when I shortened them to actually have contact and all she wanted to do was go backwards (I worried she was gonna flip over; yikes!) and then she seemed to figure it out.
*lightbulb moment*
You mean if I go forward and carry myself with my head on the vertical it's not going to feel like my face is being ripped off?!

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it went in her brain.

So now that I know she can successfully work in side reins without dying we're looking at another couple weeks of lunging to build some muscle, drop some fat, and get her to balance herself. There were some really fancy moments that give me hope for possibly taking her through the lower levels. Onward we go!

I'll try and take some pictures of her adorableness tomorrow ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment