Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Totally Random Tuesday

Tuesday used to be my first riding day of the week. Since Theo is still on vacation til after the 13th, I'm just going to post a lot of random nonsense and pictures. Because I want to. So there. ;-P

1: Theo is a cribber of epic proportions. At one time, he wore a collar 24/7 until it started rubbing his neck off. Ouchies. Now he just cribs to his hearts content.

Because he cribs so much, and has for many many years, his teeth are like little chicklets.

2:  Some of the boarders at Boots and Saddle have hay boxes. They're like hay racks only cooler and more mobile. Normally they fit about 3 average sized flakes. I have one for my Pony because he's a picky hay eater and tends to waste it if it's on the ground. It also makes the hay last longer for the vacuums in the barn. Great for when tied to trailers! The down side? If you stuff them too full they pop apart at the bottom and are a pain in the rear to put back together.
Want your own? Go to healthezhayfeeder.com


3: My equitation over fences used to be REALLY awful. We're talking, my trainer feared for my life, awful. Apparently years of no lessons has given me some pretty bad habits. I'm your typical leg swung back, heels up, shoulders round, way up the horse's neck kind of jumper. In general, AWFUL. A year of lessons with the incomparable Megan Allen and I'm getting better. Not perfect, but better. (and I don't scare the crap out of her anymore!). It's worse when I jump big things. Probably because all I'm thinking is 'woah that thing is huge!' instead of 'heels down, leg forward, back flat, WAIT!' Good thing eventers don't have to look pretty while jumping. Sometimes you just gotta get over the jumps and not fall off. I think i'll keep working on my Eq though, so Megan doesn't slaughter me.
Oh yeah. And sometimes I do things like jump my pony bareback over tires in near perfect form and then be completely unable to reproduce it in a saddle. Bareback eventing, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment