Friday, October 5, 2012

Another Project

Yesterday I got a Facebook message from a friend and farm owner who brings her students and horses to schooling shows at Boots every summer, Heather McCarty. She offered me the use of her 7 year old, 16.3 HH paint/warmblood gelding, Bullet, to ride and event. Super score! Surprisingly, he's only been broken about 2 years, but Heather sent him for 3 months professional training when she bought him as a 6 year old, and planned to resell him afterwards. Well, her riding students fell in love with him and he's been helping her teach lessons ever since. Recently he's picked up some naughty habits with her less experienced students and needs a little refresher and a job to keep him from thinking up new tricks. So, yay me!

I rode him today, and man did he give me a workout! Definitely more woah than go. He's got a good start in dressage basics, and with some practice (ie dressage boot camp!) I'm hoping to get him to a trial before the season is out. Jumping is pretty much point and shoot, so not worried about that aspect. As long as we can get some weight on him (he's a bit of a hard keeper) look for him out and about in a month or so! Yay Heather!
Check out her web page!
http://www.horseng.com

Also pictures are not me. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment