Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Boo! FHI2012 and a week of craziness

Been a while right? Things have been pretty nuts around here. Between showing the pony to prospective buyers, working, and being super stoked to go to Fair Hill for cross country day, I haven't had a lot of time to blog.

As crazy as its been, this past week was pretty AWESOME. The infamous Dusty Pony has found a new little girl to teach and take care of and will be moving to his new home before the month is out. I'm really happy, but also sad. It's been a great 12 years and I have learned so much from him and with him. I never thought I would sell him. I had always planned on him growing old and crotchety in my back yard and giving pony rides to my kids and the neighbors kids. But it's time to move on. My eventing dreams are at the forefront of my mind, getting stronger every day. I'll miss him every day but he'll be so happy to have much less work to do.

On Saturday I went with Megan and her friend, Malinda, to the Fair Hill International 3 day. And WOW was it awesome. Got to see a lot of big names take on the 2 and 3* courses. It's funny how not scary the jumps seemed. I must really be insane. Lol. I also spent some time fan girling Doug Payne from afar (sooo not brave enough to go talk to him) and walking within inches of Will Coleman. Sigh. I wish I wasn't such a chicken! Haha. I'm sure the last thing they need is a 28 year old staring slack jawed and drooling over them. Soooo not classy.

So now that I'm super motivated to be an awesome upper level rider, poor Pepper is going to work her little hony pants off. The plan is to take lessons on her to keep up my riding, save some money through the winter, and hopefully REALLY start horse shopping in the spring. I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing my barn daughter all the best! I love you Em.

    ReplyDelete