Friday, October 26, 2012

George's upcoming trial

I officially entered George in next weekends schooling horse trial at Bucks County Horse Park. It will be his first full event at starter level (and my 5th ride EVER on him, but who's counting?). I'm definitely excited to see how it goes. I'll get in a practice ride the day before and hopefully all goes well. The plan for next Sunday is as follows::

1: LUNGE!!!! No hour long warm up trotting at Mach 50 while my trainer tells me "you didn't look like you were having trouble controlling him; that's a good thing!" and my arms are noodles by my dressage ride time.

2: Canter stadium (with better brakes!)

3: Complete XC with no refusals. That doesn't mean I don't plan on walking him over things if that's what it comes down to. He's 17.2 for gods sake. The jumps are like ground poles to him!

9 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment